Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. CCI aims to improve the health and well-being of all people living in South Africa through evidence-based strategic communication programmes. CCI seeks to employ An Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer and executives who will be based in Brooklyn, Pretoria.
Purpose of job
The purpose of the job is to provide high-level administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Executive Officer and other executives in the organization. The position requires an assistant who will provide support & co-ordination with grant applications and proposals. The applicant will have the ability to coordinate business development processes in the organization.
- Providing professional assistance to the Executive Office as well as to all relevant internal and external clients. The Executive Assistant will communicate with others outside and inside the organization, will manage the CEO’s schedules, and will complete high-level administrative tasks. Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Lead short-term projects and initiatives as requested by the CEO. Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the CEO. Follows up on responses to requests and emails to/from the CEO.
- Maintain and present the CEO’s dashboard and other reports on a timely manner. Prepare materials, packets and presentations for the CEO’s meetings, Senior Management Team meetings, and -staff meetings.
- Organise the logistics of board meetings and other key meetings. Coordinate and distribute notes at management meetings and follow-up on tasks as requested.
- Work with the CEO to manage her calendar and schedule (board meetings, donor meetings, conferences, regional office visits) including coordinating CEO’s global and domestic travel itineraries. Organise all other meetings to be attended by the CEO. Maintain records of decisions and ensure action items are clearly recorded for the CEO.
- Organise documents for signatures of the CEO and members of Senior Management Team and staff related to relevant projects. Keep accurate records and files at all times and as appropriate. Update and maintain database of executive key contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma
- 5 years’ work experience in administrative and executive assistant roles
- Project management skills and experience
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to compose and edit written materials
- Ability to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at once and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and exercise sound judgment.
- Possesses time/organization/stress management skills.
- A responsible attitude to all aspects of the work.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate solid work ethics.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Interested candidates to forward their CV’s to the CCI Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date of this internal advertisement is (COB – Friday, 28th September 2018, 4pm)