St Josephs Home for Chronically ill children
St Joseph’s home is a 24-hour intermediate care pediatric facility catering for children from 0 to 18 years. The home is a registered NPO, partially funded by the Department of Health. The facility offers nursing and rehab and palliative care for up to 180 children.
St Joseph’s Home seeks to appoint a Medical Officer, to be based in Cape Town.
This is a part time position of two hours per day, five days a week.
- Participate in weekly admissions meetings
- Daily ward rounds with sister on duty
- See specific cases
- Support for the Rehabilitation team
- Liaise with the hospital paediatric teams, as needed as well as with the outreach registrars
- Follow up appointments
- Reviewing Medical plans for the child
- Liaise with Family physician at Bishop Lavis CHC
- Medication and scripts
- General paediatrics (advising on common health problems in all children),
- Long term health conditions and palliative care
- Neurodevelopmental paediatrics
- Interpersonal skills (for liaison purposes and team work)
- Hospital environment experience
- Experience in the public health sector
- Be on call for emergencies
To apply, submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about St Joseph’s Home for Chronically Ill Children, refer to www.stjosephshome.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies