mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at 12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org
Key Performance Areas
- Oversee financial and accounting support to the project operations
- Ensure the financial integrity of the project operation
- Manage financial administrative functions
- Lead financial management functions: budget development and management, financial reporting
- Manage sub-awards
- Supervision of the project Finance team
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a closely related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- 8 years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries.
- 5 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and reporting of a PEPFAR-funded activity.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government financial and procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
- Demonstrated experience with Financial Management tools and systems including high level of proficiency with computerized accounting.
- Previous experience in a multi-national organization.
- Experience managing sub-awards under U.S. government projects strongly preferred
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Strong analytical thinker with sound business and technical acumen
- Highly independent individual, results and solution oriented with ability to prioritize and produce high quality outputs consistently
- Demonstrated written, presentation,communication and organizational skills in English
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 30 September 2018