My Vote Counts
My Vote Counts NPC is a nonprofit organisation that improves the accountability, transparency and inclusiveness of elections and politics in the Republic of South Africa. The Organisation work to ensure that the political and electoral systems are open, fair and accountable to the public and that they remain relevant in the changing South African socio-political context.
My Vote Counts seeks to appoint a Director, to be based in Cape Town.
- Develop and implement MVC’s strategic vision and strategy in partnership with the MVC team
- Lead and manage the implementation of MVC’s activities
- Ensure accurate financial management of MVC’s financial resources
- Manage MVC’s donor relationships, including writing proposals and donor reporting
- Build and maintain MVC’s relationships with our stakeholders in all relevant sectors
- Represent MVC in various fora, including engaging with parliament, political parties, government, civil society organisations, the media and our funding partners
- Support and manage the MVC team within an organisational culture that is just, fair and considerate
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, public policy, international relations or any other relevant social science qualification, with at least three years’ work experience
- Show demonstrable leadership ability and a commitment towards social justice
- Experience in financial management and budgetary oversight of an organisation
- Experience in leading inter-disciplinary programmes and human resource management
- Research and writing skills
To apply, submit your CV, a motivation letter, two reference letters and a sample of written work to firstname.lastname@example.org include “MVC Director Application” in the subject heading
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on 18 October 2018.
For more about My Vote Counts, refer to www.myvotecounts.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies