ActionAid South Africa
Criteria for Board membership
- Principles and values consistent with the aims of ActionAid South Africa (integrity, honesty, courage of conviction, dedication, professionalism and respect for others)
- A three to five-year track record of engagement with an organisation working in the human rights or cognate fields; this could include membership a previous board.
- History of activism and/work in focus areas relevant to the work of AASA.
- Willingness to devote at least six days per year to formal meetings of the Board – in this regard we seek to avoid appointing individuals who are serving on more than one other board.
- An understanding of the tenets of good governance in accordance with the King IV Report.
- A willingness to network and build relationships to advance the objectives of ActionAid South Africa.
- Policy development and advising on risk management, financial sustainability plan and fiduciary oversight.
- A core skill or set of skills which will strengthen the governance of ActionAid South Africa. This could be financial or legal acumen, experience in conflict resolution, mediation and arbitration, fundraising skills, labour rights, media and communication skills.
Ideal qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Understanding of the King IV report on corporate governance;
- Previous experience working with a variety of donors and donor engagement;
- Thorough understanding of financial reports.
Kindly note that while AASA covers all costs related to board participation, it does not remunerate its board members.
Please submit your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the 21 September 2018.
For further information, please contact:
Mr. Phillip Mokoena – email@example.com