Gender Links (GL) is a Southern African NGO headquartered in Johannesburg, promoting gender equality and justice. The organisation was founded in March 2001 with offices in Johannesburg, Mauritius (Francophone base), Mozambique (Lusophone base) and Botswana (headquarters of the Southern African Development Community) as well as six other countries (Lesotho, Madagascar, Namibia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe). The vision of the organisation is a region in which women and men are able to participate equally in all aspects of public and private life in accordance with the provisions of the SADC Protocol on Gender and Development. GL has the following key programme areas: the SADC Protocol on Gender and Development; media; governance, entrepreneurship and justice.
Gender Links is looking for a company to maintain, support and develop their WordPress website, www.genderlinks.org.za
The website is a standard WordPress site with some additional development and a number of plugins including an online shop, online forms, slideshows, forum and events calendar. All documentation on current site will be provided.
Summaries key dates, actions and outputs:
Tender published via various mass dissemination outlets and targeted distribution
Closing date for submissions of proposals
- Costing in Excel
- Three references
- Any additional materials
21 September Presentation of tender
- Power point with salient points summarising the submission
- Copy of the submission
- Draft work plan in a Gantt chart
- Any additional material
01 October Contracting
- Final work plan submitted by selected service provider
01 to 31 October Roll out
- Project implementation and handover from CS
- Maintain a relevant and up to date website for GL
- Ensure that back-ups are done regularly and systematically. Back up support should be readily and easily available once the system is functioning
- Keep a CMS that has the potential to grow and may be updated regularly
- Use a CMS that integrates multi-media content and social media
- Ensure that website downtime is kept at minimal
- Ensure that the CMS integrates with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and You Tube
- Data visualisation capability
- Generate newsletters
Special terms and conditions
- Respondents will not be compensated for any expenses incurred in the process of responding to this call
- No person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religious beliefs, physical disability, sex, ethnicity or any other basis prohibited by law
- GL reserves the right not to appoint any service provider
- The decision of the tender panel, duly constituted in terms of GL Finance and Administrative Policies, is final
Overall Scope of project
- System Updates
- Security Checks
- Incremental Backups
- Maintain staging environment
WordPress 3rd party plugins:
- Fronted testing after updates
- Attend to any plugin issues
- QA all Development related tasks within retainer
- Monthly Status Meeting
- Monthly Status Report
- Monthly Recon
- Client Communication
- Internal Briefing and Resources Management
- Change Management
- Maintain software updates, plugin additions, updates and removals
- Monitor and maintain security
- CMS optimisation
- Regular backup of the website in conjunction with hosting company
- Liaise with hosting company and technical support
- Support for administrators and content editors
- Develop new features for the site
- Assess new plugins and the best way to showcase Gender Links content
- Strategic advice where necessary
- Five to 10 years’ experience required in website maintenance assignments
- Experience with LAMP stack
- Capacity to back up site with hosting provider
- Traceable References are essential
Please confirm your participation in the briefing with Debrah Mukuku on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need more clarity kindly contact Simone Shall via email on email@example.com
If you not in Johannesburg and would like to participate please send your Skype ID.
Shortlisted candidates may be called in to present at a date to be confirmed in due course.
Please note that late applications will not be considered.
The tender, examples of previous work and references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries should also be sent to this E Mail address and will be responded to in writing.
All responses will be posted on the GL website.
GL will only contact short listed service providers for presentations.
GL reserves the right not to appoint anyone if suitable service providers are not identified.
The consultancy is envisaged to take place from 1 November 2018.
For more about Gender Links, refer to genderlinks.org.za
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities