WESSA (the Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa) is a South African environmental organisation which aims to initiate and support high impact environmental and conservation projects to promote participation in caring for the Earth. For over 90 years we have proactively engaged with the challenges and opportunities presented by our country’s unique natural heritage and the social and economic systems that depend on it.
WESSA seeks to appoint a Project Manager for the Water and Energy Pillar of the WESSA Schools Programme, to be based in WESSA Bryanston Office, Johannesburg.
Salary: To be discussed
Report to: Programme Manager
The purpose of this position is to directly manage the implementation of a funded project in the energy and water field.
The focus of the WESSA Schools Programme is to reach people at grass roots level by focusing specifically on environmental learning and support at schools and which contribute to community development.
- Provide mentoring support to schools and communities within the requirements of our School Programmes and with an advanced knowledge and experience of energy / renewable energy and water projects
- Develop and facilitate teacher capacity building workshops on renewable energy small-scale installations at school and community level
- Monthly and bi-annual reporting to management and funders
- Assist the Programme Manager and General Manager to identify potential funders and develop proposals
- Maintain accurate financial and budgetary controls as related to the programme
- Execute any further deliverables required from the specific projects (in particular Water and Energy projects)
- Three years’ tertiary qualification in environmental science or renewable energy, and a qualification in Education would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of environment and education, with advanced skill in renewable energy small-scale installations
- Willingness to travel distances to support some funded projects
- Previous work experience in capacity building and skills training
- Strong facilitation and organisational skills
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Key personal skills: initiative, self-motivation and self-management
- Ability to interact confidently with external stakeholders
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Fluency in English and at least one other South African language
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Valid driver’s license and own car is essential
To apply, Submit your application to Chanelle Ramphaul, Human Resources Officer, via email to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
WESSA is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity.
In accordance with the employment equity plan of WESSA and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
WESSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.
For more about Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa, refer to wessa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies