DG Murray Trust (DGMT)
JobStarter is looking for a dynamic individual to help connect young people to opportunities by growing our business development strategy.
In the current labour market employers struggle identify talented, young candidates through administratively heavy recruitment processes. At the same time, young work seekers battle to build and convey their unique potential for suitable opportunities.
JobStarter aims to change that by connecting young people to information, learning and opportunities via a digital platform (http://jobstarter.co.za/); and establishing meaningful relationships with employers.
The Business Development Intern will work closely with the Business Development Director to position JobStarter as an innovative recruitment solution by developing fruitful relationships with employers. Key responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating and executing employer engagement activities that drive employers to use JobStarter for their youth recruitment needs.
- Analysing the education/employer/employment landscape to identify organisations that could leverage JobStarter’s service.
- Networking, and making contact with new employers.
- Vetting employers that register with JobStarter.
- Remaining in touch with industry developments through researching the education, career and employment environment and presenting relevant findings internally.
- Assist the Business Development Director with the Employer/Opportunities Strategy and activities and events.
- Assist with drafting concept notes and proposals.
This is a 12 month contract. Salary negotiable based on skills and experience. The position is based in Johannesburg. Start date 1 October 2018.
Interested candidates should send a short letter of motivation, CV, and the names and contact details of three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Add “Business Development Intern - Jobstarter” in the subject line of the email. Closing date for applications is 17/09/18.