The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelter seeks to appoint a Hosts for the organisation shelters, to be based in Western Cape:
Salary: R5 500 per month
Report to: Shelter Managers
This is a permanent post
- Be responsible for the initial intake of clients including their safety and care
- Supervise clients
- Administrative duties
- Maintain the cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Reside in the area or in surrounding areas
- Code B drivers licence
- Grade 10 Certificate
- Ability to work shifts and alternate weekends
- Ability to interact with clients from different cultures and religions
- Manage conflict situations
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work as a team player
- Be of sober habits
- No criminal record
- Be in good health
- Experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage
To apply, submit a two pages CV, and motivational letter to the HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org indicate in the subject line for which post you apply: Host: Napier, Claremont, Bellville, Retreat and Kensington
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you don't receive a response from us within two weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies