Community Intervention Centre
Established in 2001, the Community Intervention Centre (CIC) is a nonprofit and non-governmental organisation with a small team of dedicated staff and volunteers that provides a free 24-hour on-site trauma intervention and support service to the Blaauwberg community and beyond.
CIC seeks to appoint a Social Worker, to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: R15 635. 75
Start date: 1 October 2018
The purpose of the position is to render non-statutory, therapeutic social work service to victims and survivors of crime and violence.
- Network with relevant community based role players
- Prepare monthly project plan to ensure required outputs are met
- Provide therapeutic trauma intervention services to victims of crime and violence
- Prepare comprehensive assessment and individual development plan for each client
- Research and refer clients to relevant community resources as part of IDP
- Continuous customer satisfaction service evaluation
- Attend appropriate forums, meetings, training and workshops as required
- Compile reports, and complete all administrative functions required
- Degree / diploma in Social Work
- Registration at the SACSSP
- Experience in Trauma and / or Victim Empowerment is highly advantageous
- Communication (written and verbal) skills in two of the three official languages of the WC
- Computer literate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A valid (Code B/EB) drivers’ license and vehicle
- Knowledge of the operational area and role players will be advantageous
To apply, submit your CV and proof of qualifications to Tania Nell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not received a reply within two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Community Intervention Centre, refer to www.cic-capetown.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies