The Nal'ibali Trust
To drive the Face-Face programme strategy of Nal’ibali’s national reading for enjoyment campaign, and to support programme managers under the leadership of the General Manager of Operations and the Managing Director.
- Lead, oversee, and monitor programme managers to effectively administer the delivery of the on the ground programmes
- Consult, coach an empower managers within increasing areas of responsibility to ensure growth and development
- Performance management of managers
- Induct and orientate new programme managers
- Provide project leadership when required across programme units
- Improve programmatic roll out and effectiveness, striving to translate the public’s interaction with Nal’ibali into them reading with children
- Manage relationships with major stakeholder groups, and support managers’ in establishing and nurturing relationships with their stakeholders
- Build and maintain networks that will positively contribute to the growth of the programme (including opportunities for FUNda Leaders and team members)
- Report on delivery of all programmes, i.e. all activities and performance results; actively striving for a coherent and accountable operation
- Identify, assess and inform the Leadership team of internal and external issues that affect the overall campaign
- Together with the MD and colleagues in the Leadership Team, assist with the development and implementation of organisational strategy
- Submit funding reports and contributions to proposals as required by the Managing Director / General Manager of Operations
- Sustainability plan for USAID
- Strategic thinker
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Team leadership
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to design, lead, support and reflect on projects
- Experience in designing and overseeing multi-million rand budgets
- Good understanding of the educational landscape
- At least an honours degree qualification in the field of education, project management, and/or community development essential
- Minimum 5-10 years track record of managing large national projects in the NGO sector
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and at least one African language
- Experience working with and managing diverse and widespread teams in both rural and urban contexts
- Driver’s license and willingness to travel essential
This position will either be based in Johannesburg or Cape Town, South Africa.
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your motivational letter and CV to email@example.com with your name and surname, position title on the subject line, (e.g. Joe Soap: Head of Programmes).
Please note that feedback will be provided to shortlisted candidates only.