Streetlight Schools aims to change the conversation around education globally by running inspiring, affordable schools in disadvantaged communities. The Organisation launched our flagship school, Streetlight Jeppe Park Primary, in inner-city Johannesburg in January 2016. Since then Streetlight Schools have developed a strong school culture for learners to help them feel safe, healthy, happy, and loved.
Streetlight Schools seeks to appoint a fundraiser, to be based in Johannesburg.
Reports to: CEO / COO
The Fundraising Manager will work with the CEO to define fundraising opportunities and priorities and pursue them in order to help sustain and grow the organisation.
- Manage and support the fundraising requirements and implementation for Streetlight Schools
- Identify and develop strategies to optimise the fundraising administration process
- Perform relevant research to identify available fundraising opportunities (be it grants, sponsorships, impact development funding and/or other relevant fundraising opportunities) and evaluate the results
- Write and submit fundraising proposals
- Plan and coordinate fundraising events and projects that serve the long-term needs of the school
- Oversee if grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organisation
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring the smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting (e.g issuing 18A receipts), and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of the fundraising process
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each fundraising priority
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organisation's progress
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents, report on milestones and drive all compliance connected with grant-funded programme
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant-related activities
- Be familiar with or are passionate about fundraising for nonprofit causes in disadvantaged communities
- Project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects
- Interpersonal skills and can build strong relationships with clients / donors, from foundation grants managers to high net worth individuals
- Be a multitasker and have the ability to adjust your role based on the constantly changing nature of the organisation
- Have a track record of delivering astonishing results, and can prioritise and drive all activities toward increasing the funding available to pursue the organisational vision and mission
- Manage (or work collectively with the Communications manager) communications and reporting requirements with donors
To apply, submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the job title as the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Streetlight Schools, refer to www.streetlightschools.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies