ActionAid South Africa
Availability: 01 October 2018
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
An attractive remuneration package is offered, in relation to experience
ActionAid SA is looking to recruit a suitably qualified Child Sponsorship Manager candidate to lead the Child Sponsorship Unit. The candidate will have strong knowledge of child sponsorship management systems, fundraising and knowledge of capturing systems (NK would be an added advantage) to resource the Country Programme priorities outlined in the strategy.
The candidate will be responsible for planning and implementing all Sponsorship activities (recruitment, retention and servicing) in the Country Programme and as an operating Funding Affiliate.
Main duties may include, but not limited to:
- Developing a long- term Sponsorship plan for country program to inform annual and a three-year planning process
- Manage Child Profile planning in liaison with the Country Director(CD), Head of Fundraising and Funding Affiliates (FAs) prior to planning period or establishment of Local Rights Programme (LRP) of phase out of LRP
- Work jointly with the Head of Operations, Head of Fundraising, monitor expenditure trends of sponsorship income in LRP’s
- Work together with the Programme unit to integrate CS work and program activities, including Participatory Review and Reflection Process (PRRP) and LRP work plan
- Ensure annual communications plan includes Child Message(CM) collections and photo updates at every LRP report production
- Mail welcomes letters on timeously follow up with sponsors queries, complaints/ gift et to the child and act accordingly in a case/event of deceased child
- Ensure adequate resources (staff, equipment, budget) for the unit in liaison with the Country Director, Head of Fundraising and Head of Operations.
- Ensuring training for partners and community leader on Child Sponsorship and prepare them to sensitize families as well as communities on the Chi child sponsorship as a fundraising mechanism.
- Organise systems for checking the quality materials from DA’s – child profile and messages
- Manage and coordinate introduction of new sponsorship products and its related communication in liaison with FA’s and International Fundraising Team
- Prepare annual communications plan – this includes Child Message (CM) collections and photo updates at every LRP and reports production
- Ensuring all monitoring tools are updated regularly
- Arrange and prepare all donors/sponsors visits
- Participate in the training of other staff on NK system
- Set- up Key Result Areas targets, and performance measure reviewed on annual basis for CS staff and conduct performance appraisal
- Other responsibilities as delegated by the Head of Fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Business Administration, Mass Communication or any other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in development communications work.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A strong commitment to develop, promote and practice AASA’s's vision, mission, values and strategy
- Ability to plan, priorities and manage a varied workload in a pressured environment
- Experience managing staff and teams
- Preferably Child Sponsorship Management and Communications
- Networking and community mobilization
- Planning and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel in and out of the country, often at short notice
- Experience in working with community-based organizations, NGOs etc
- Good computer skills;
- Excellent report writing skills
- Clean and valid driver’s license
- Multilingual - local languages
Ability and willingness to travel in local and out of the country, often at short notice.
Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for in the email subject line.