Jo'burg Child Welfare
Jo’burg Child Welfare provides care services, adoption and fostering, abuse treatment and prevention, rights advocacy and learning to children and their families across Johannesburg.
Jo’burg Child Welfare seeks to appoint an AIDS Coordinator, to be based at Masibambisane Centre in Eldorado Park, Johannesburg.
This is a full time position.
The purpose of the position is to ensure that a continuum of psycho-social care and support services for orphaned and children made vulnerable through HIV/ AIDS are delivered by the centre, through promotion of children’s rights, enhancement of their well-being and restoration of their dignity.
- Manage all operations at the centre, to ensure an efficient and effective psycho-social care and support service is delivered through the efficient and effective utilisation of human resources
- Manage orphaned and vulnerable children centre, which includes, ensuring that the necessary personnel are recruited and retained within budgetary constraints as well as ensuring of sound employment relations
- Manage performance and conduct of subordinates and the centre
- Ensure that subordinates are trained and developed which will enable the subordinates to deliver work of the required standard efficiently and effectively through the utilisation of inter alia, knowledge management. This includes providing mentorship, and guidance to subordinates to assist them to integrate theory and practice that would lead to appropriate skills development
- Assist and empower children, families, groups, organisations, and communities to enhance their social functioning and their problem solving capabilities, prevent, alleviate distress and use resources effectively in cases where expert knowledge is required
- Provide advice for referral to appropriate services for complex social services, towards protecting children who are orphaned, vulnerable and at-risk
- Establish, implement and maintain effective communication arrangements in the centre
- Develop and manage centre’s business plan, and report on its progress
- Keep abreast with new development in the HIV / AIDS social sector
- Perform and ensure that all the administrative functions required in the centre are performed
- Ability to manage 26 EPWP volunteers, social auxiliary workers, drivers, ECD Practitioner, Cook, Caretaker and the Administrator
- Bachelor of Social Work degree
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions if Social Worker
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable
- A minimum of 10 years’ appropriate experience in social work field, after registration as a social workers with SACSSP
- Five to ten years supervisory / managerial experience
- Previous fundraising is preferred
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills, creativity and the ability to develop new ways to fundraise for various programmes offered at Masibambisane Centre
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Skills to challenge structural sources of poverty, inequality, oppression, discrimination and exclusion
- Knowledge and understanding of human behaviour and social system and skills to intervene at the points where children and adults interact with their environments in order to promote social well-being
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- Computer literacy Microsoft office including (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Financial knowledge, Budget compilation for the Centre
- Commitment to deliver on JCW’s mission and values
- In depth knowledge of HIV / AIDS and dynamics surrounding it
To apply, submit your applications to the HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Jo'burg Child Welfare, refer to www.jhbchildwelfare.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies