Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC
VPUU NPC is a Public Benefit Organisation implementing multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of neighbourhoods in townships and informal settlements. This is done in partnership with communities, municipalities, provincial and national government. VPUU works in an integrated team of community participation, socio economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure development, and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods.
VPUU seeks to appoint a Human Resource Officer, to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: R300 000 per annum
Duration: 12 months
This is a fixed term contract
The purpose of the position is to provide generalist human resources support to the organisation, to ensure an effective and efficient execution of all human resource practices.
- Effective Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- Coordinate Induction and Onboarding process
- Support Learning and Development including completion of WSP and ATP
- Effective and timeous Employee Relations Management
- Reporting and Administration
- Performance management
- Time and attendance management and report submissions
- Compliance with statutory and company personnel requirements
- Occupational health and safety
- Degree/ Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Minimum of three years working experience as a HR Officer/Consultant
- Knowledge of legislation governing HR practices and processes
- Possess cultural and legislative awareness
- Effective Communication (written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and a working knowledge of HR Information systems (VIP) and SalesForce
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated organisation and planning skills
- Ability to influence
- Performing under pressure and managing deadlines
- Meticulous Record Keeping
- Driver’s license is essential
To apply, submit a CV and a covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications to: VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined by the Employment Equity Act.
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
For more about Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC, refer to www.vpuu.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies