Trade & Industrial Policy Strategies (TIPS)
TIPS is a nonprofit economic research organisation based in Pretoria, South Africa. The organisation facilitates policy development and dialogue in pursuit of sustainable and inclusive growth. TIPS has three main focus areas: Trade and Industrial Policy, Inequality and Economic Inclusion and Sustainable Growth. Its working model integrates research and analysis, policy development, disseminating information, capacity building, technical support, and programme design and management.
TIPS seeks to appoint two Interns, to be based in Pretoria.
Salary: Competitive remuneration package is on offer
Start date: 1 February 2019
The internship is for six months.
The purpose of the internship is to give young researchers the opportunity to acquire work experience, improve their research skills and enhance their understanding of the South African economy. The internship is structured to give exposure to issues of industrial development, trade and the green economy as well as work on policy orientated projects.
- Perform economic research under the guidance of the line manager, and provide research input and data analysis
- Participate in and present research at internal discussions and workshops / events
- Publish research reports through the TIPS website, other publications, conferences, seminars, etc
- A Masters (completed or in final stages of completing) in Economics; Development Studies, Environmental Sciences, or a related field (with Economics III)
- A passion for industrial policy, inclusive economic development and sustainable growth
- A study background on trade, industrial policy, the manufacturing sector and Sustainable growth
- Strong communication skills in writing, editing and presentation, with an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong computer skills, with a proven ability to manipulate data in Excel and knowledge of Stata or SPSS
- Teamwork and an ability to handle tight deadlines
To apply, submit a short CV, a cover letter highlighting your interest for the position and how you match the requirements as well as a writing sample via e-mail to Edmore at Edmore@tips.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
TIPS can only consider applications with all of these components.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed applicants only.
For more about Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, refer to www.tips.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies