Healthy Living Alliance
HEALA (Healthy Living Alliance) is an alliance of non-governmental organisations with a mission to improve the health of an increasingly obese South Africa. HEALA currently has 11 member organisations, namely the Health Promotion and Development Foundation; Khulisa Social Solutions; Rural Health Advocacy Project (RHAP), Section 27, South African Dentist Association, SA Paediatric Association, Society for Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes of SA (SEMDSA), Motse's Bone Vitality Centre, Treatment Action Campaign (TAC), Amandla.mobi, Dietetic Association.
Healthy Living Alliance (HEALA) seeks to appoint a Campaigns coordinator, to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the Campaigns Coordinator responsible for development and implementation of HEALA’s advocacy and campaigns strategy. He/she will work closely with the Executive Director and communications consultant to develop and implement media strategies to achieve the communications objectives and further the policy advocacy goals.
- Manage the development and implementation of HEALA’s advocacy and campaigns strategy
- Actively engage in influencing work with policy makers, parliamentarians and other key stakeholders for the achievement of policy and campaign objectives
- Together with HEALA staff members develop policy positions and responses on relevant health promotion and social issues related to obesity and undernutrition.
- Keep HEALA up to date on nutrition and obesity issues and advise the alliance leadership on policy positioning related to these
- Build an alliance of like-minded organisations into the Healthy Living Alliance
- Build networks with other civil society organisations concerned with access to healthy food and water, and engage with government departments when necessary
- Work closely with HEALA executive director to manage and ensure that budgets are formulated correctly and are in line with campaign strategies and donor requirements
- Be experienced in the use of both traditional and new campaign strategies and social media as a tool to advocate for policy change and implementation
- Minimum of three to five years’ relevant experience advocacy campaigns
- Strong programme or project management experience
- Fine attention to details, and ability to deliver project goals in a timely fashion
- Writing, speaking, and editing skills
- Thinks “outside the box”, takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals and is willing to learn from others
- Flexibility, focused organisational skills, and good humor required to handle multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
To apply, submit a CV and application letter to Charity at email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who are eligible to work in SA.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Healthy Living Alliance refer to www.heala.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies