Pact, an International NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a candidate with expertise in Data Capturing for 12 months to implement its USAID- funded Government Capacity Building Support Program (GCBS).
DATA SUPPORT OFFICER
Gert Sibande, Mpumalanga
The Data Support Officer will be based in Gert Sibande District, Mpumalanga and will report to the Provincial M&E Advisor. S/he will be responsible for capturing data at the relevant Department of Social Development (DSD) service delivery points and non-profit organizations (NPOs) as per the GBCS Program work plan.
Minimum Key Responsibilities and duties:
- Ensure accurate daily data capturing and consolidation for designated service points and non-profit organizations (NPOs) using available data capturing system;
- Ensure that all data are captured according to the standard operating procedures;
- Ensure that data is transmitted to the relevant manager within the set time frames;
- Participate in data quality management by performing systems verifications, data quality assurance and control measures;
- Complete monthly reporting templates and timely submission thereof;
- Support service points and NPOs to address emerging data management issues;
Minimum Education and Expertise Requirements:
- The candidate must be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree;
- A Post-graduate qualification will be advantageous;
- Must have a minimum of two years’ working experience in data capturing, data management and or/ analysis;
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Excel;
- Proficiency in written and verbal English communication;
- Good interpersonal skills, have the ability to take initiative and be a team player;
- Understanding of administrative procedures and functions;
- Must be a South African national with fluency in at least one local indigenous South African language
- A valid driver’s license is preferable and must be willing to travel
Suitable candidates are requested to email their CV’s with the subject line “Data Support Officer” to email@example.com
Closing date: 17 September 2018
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.