The Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Task Force (SWEAT) is a non-profit Organisation that works to ensure that sex worker’s rights are defended, that they have access to health and other services, that they are respected and are valued members of society.
SWEAT seeks to appoint a Media Officer to be based in Cape Town.
Start date: Immediately
This is a full-time position.
The purpose of the position is to manage SWEATs media and communication and will pro-actively seek media coverage of issues relating to sex work. S/He will manage the production of all media advocacy material and will undertake quality control of all outgoing media and uphold the organisations branding.
- Assist with drafting and production of content for outward communications, including press statements, multimedia, newsletters, and other publications
- Manage day to day social media networks for SWEAT
- Ensure digital platforms such as the website are maintained and kept up to date
- Maintain the SWEATs database of press, supporters and partner lists
- Ensure effective communication with SWEATs constituencies and related stakeholders including those within the database
- Manage all incoming requests from journalists, researchers and stakeholders by providing relevant information or referring to relevant managers within SWEAT
- Track media coverage of issues related to the sex work and assist with the dissemination of selected coverage and archival of all media clips
- Develop and managing campaign materials and resources – uphold SWEAT branding on all materials, and ensuring all campaign materials are archived appropriately
- Provide capacity building and mentorship to sex workers by providing media engagement training
- Coordinate advocacy events, and participate in planning and executing public events such as marches, direct actions, workshops and annual meetings etc
- Participate in planning, strategy development within the Advocacy team and assist the team to meet its goals
- Develop reports on all activities, within deadlines provided by the Advocacy manager
- Tertiary qualification
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Research, writing, and speaking skills
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, multiple communications platforms including social media, websites (experience with WordPress, Canva and Mail Chimp advantageous)
- Creative abilities to produce, or facilitate the production of, multimedia and graphics advantageous
- Photography and videography experience advantageous
- Initiative and ability to think creatively
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
To apply, submit a CV with three references and a motivation letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce refer to www.sweat.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies