Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce (SWEAT) is a dynamic non-governmental organisation that addresses the health and human rights of sex workers.
SWEAT seeks to appoint a Finance and Operations Manager, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to manage all the support functions for the programmatic work of SWEAT, it involves managing a team of 8 people working in administration, finance, operations and HR.
- Post-graduate qualifications in finance, administration or HR or some combination thereof
- Experience in a management position in an NGO, and unequivocal support for sex worker’s rights
- Experience working with key and vulnerable populations or similar civil society settings as well as with the necessary technical expertise and experience
- Worked in a management position, managing people and processes
- Experience in managing complex budgets and financial processes
- Have some experience in the areas outside of their core competency (i.e. finance, admin, HR)
- Ability to develop ‘outside-the-box’ ideas and strategies creating potential opportunities, and innovative approaches to allow these to be realised
- Supports flexibility by introducing procedures which ensure quick turnaround and encourage flexibility in others
- Addresses longer term performance problems openly and clearly states consequences while providing guidance and support as well as constructive criticism
- Communicates and gains team commitment to a vision of what is to be achieved
- Builds alliances and partnerships which are in the interests of SWEAT in the long and short term
- Must have integrity, someone who loves working in a busy and challenging environment, who knows how to lead and motivate a team and who is excited by diversity
- Be committed to a collaborative management style and be comfortable in an environment that values all voices
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only those with the legal right to work in South Africa can apply.
SWEAT reserves the right to make appointments which are transformation focused and prioritises sex-workers or former sex-workers in all positions.
For more about Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce refer to www.sweat.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies