MSF Southern Africa
Work Location: Rustenburg, North West
Country: South Africa
Locality: MSF offices
Duration: 1 year fixed term contract, with possibility of renewal
Start date: 1st of September 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter
Reports to: Mental Health Activity Manager
MSF is an international non-governmental organization providing medical services and support in many countries throughout the world. Doctors without Borders has initiated a project focussing on medical and psychological care for victims of sexual and gender based violence (SGBV) in close collaboration with Department of Health and other organisations and stakeholders. The objective of the project is: Firstly, survivors of sexual and domestic violence in the platinum belt of Bojanala district access quality medical care, psychosocial support and are referred to appropriate social and legal services according to their needs and their wishes. Secondly, Family Planning and Choice Termination of Pregnancy services are provided to all women who request the service.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Participate in the planning, supervision, and coordination of mental health and psycho-social activities within the program in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients
- Participate in the planning, supervision, and coordination\ of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and psychosocial support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with mental health and social work activities.
- Provide psychological services to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistics linked with Mental Health and Social Work activities and report to the MH activity manager on a monthly basis.
- Provide support to the psycho-social team in the setting up of psycho-social support groups within the community.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential.
- Assist in the development and training of Community Health Workers and Community Social Workers within the project
REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Counseling/Clinical Psychology
- HPCSA registered
- In the provision of individual and group counseling support within the context of Sexual and Gender Based Violence, Trauma, and/or Community-based interventions for a period of at least 2 years.
- Previous work with NGOs desirable.
Fluent written and spoken English, and any other African languages.
JOB ADVATNAGES AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Experience in a well-known and professionally recognized international medical humanitarian organisation
- Market related salary package comparable to other non-profit organisations
- Additional benefits: 13th cheque salary, 100% medical aid and 10% contribution to pension.
TO APPLY: please email a one page motivation letter, your comprehensive CV with details of 3 contactable referees, mentioning vacancy number by: MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Closing date: Sunday, 12th of August 2018. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Only short-listed applications will be contacted.