Request for Proposals (RFP)
Consultancy to Document Lessons Learned and Good Practices from the Implementation of OVCY Program for Capacity Development and Support Program
FHI 360 is an independent NPO serving in more than 60 countries, committed to resolve critical social problems throughout the world. FHI 360 was awarded a five-year Capacity Development and Support Program (CDS) in June 2014 to develop the organizational management, technical capacity and sustainability of local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and South Africa Government (SAG) departments, to sustain an improved, expanded, and country-led response to HIV and AIDS. Its mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development.
FHI 360 (CDS) is seeking the services of a consultant to identify, assess and document innovations, lessons learnt, good practices and approaches from the OVCY implementation. These will be used to showcase the community led interventions and programmatic outcomes by different sub awardees funded by FHI 360/CDS program to inform formulation of future OVC projects. These will be documented through case studies/success stories, developing technical briefs/ fact sheets and photography. The tasks of the consultant are as follows:
- Desktop review of program progress reports and other relevant project initiatives and activities implemented to assess progress in achieving OVC program objectives and targets.
- Conduct Site visit to sub awardees to facilitate key informant interviews with project directors and collect photographs and quotations (one day each for each sub awardee).
- Write up project success stories/lessons learnt document (estimated at 4 pages per partner organization)
- Write up Technical Briefs on lessons learned and good practices.
- Design and layout of success stories/ lessons learned document to include all required logos, diagrams, tables, success stories and project-based information.
- Design and layout of Technical Briefs on lessons learned and good practices.
- Final Report will reflect a compilation of the information collected, results produced (Lessons Learnt, Stories, Technical Briefs) and recommendations.
Competencies and Experience
The consultant should be in possession of the following qualifications and expertise: at minimum a degree/ diploma in communication, journalism, public health, editing, public health or social science; minimum 5 years’ experience in preparation of technical reports and studies, or other knowledge products; experience in writing, editing and documentation; ability to write, review, and edit reports; prepare and conduct presentations, and developing technical/programmatic communications products for health programs (or equivalent); experience in working with government agencies, civil society organizations and international organizations and donors will be an asset; and excellent time management skills, with an ability to deliver high-quality outputs on time.
A detailed Request for Proposals entitled “Communication Consultant” and any future amendments to the RFP can be downloaded from http://www.capacitydev.org. Questions should be addressed to email@example.com and ensure the subject line states “Communication Consultant”. Questions relating to this RFP will be accepted until August 13, 2018 at 17h00 and answers posted on the website on August 16, 2018.
All proposals should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20, 2018, at 17h00 South African time. Please ensure the subject line states “Communication Consultant”. Late submissions will not be considered, and only selected applicants will be contacted and/or advised of the outcome.