Seda Limpopo Jewellery Incubator
The SEDA Limpopo Jewellery Incubator (SLJI) is a jewellery designing and manufacturing Centre established to contribute towards creating economic opportunities through developing and supporting emerging jewellery businesses from historically disadvantaged communities in the locality.
SLJI seeks to appoint a Fundraising and Marketing Officer, to be based in Polokwane.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience. Benefits: Pension fund and medical aid
Start date: As soon as possible
The purpose of the position is to lead in the marketing and communications initiatives of the organisation and to assist in raising funds from corporate, high net donor and individual sources initiatives in order to meet the fundraising targets set out in the business operational plan.
- Support the Centre Manager to implement and develop the high net donor programme.
- Ensure that thank you letters / receipts are sent to donors and funders
- Working closely with the Centre Manager, identify relevant companies and agree on appropriate approach
- Work closely with the Centre Manger and Finance Officer in identifying programmes with funding difficulties or projects that require match funding and development of appropriate funding proposals
- Conduct research, market analysis, internal and external networking to ascertain corporate trends and interests
- Liaise with the media for fundraising and other communication matters
Marketing and Communications
- Support the Centre Manager to deliver communications and marketing strategies to increase SLJI’s profile and to support the fundraising function
- Write and disseminate regular newsletter to supporters and potential supporters
- Write SLJI’s quarterly narrative reports
- Produce content for and update social media to increase online presence
- Contribute to the development of SLJI’s new website; to lead on producing lively and informative content and to keep the website updated
- Lead the SLJI exhibition and business expos
- Generate new business for the SLJI retail shops
- Well organised with knowledge of the nonprofit organisation
- Strong communicator with interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office suite (outlook, word, excel and power point)
- Basic financial understanding in order to compile budgets
- Project management skills
- Well organised and planning skills
- At ease with cultural differences
- Business acumen
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual
- Ability to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to conduct research
- Related degree or diploma
- Minimum of two years’ experience in fundraising and marketing communications
- Understand the Business Incubation model for the jewellery and SMME development and its implementation in Limpopo so as to effectively communicate our achievements to potential donors and those that given us already
To apply, submit a detailed CV, qualifications and cover letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information, call: 015 293 0214
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about The SEDA Limpopo Jewellery Incubator, refer to www.slji.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies