WC Primary Science Programme Trust
Primary Science Programme (PSP) is a teacher in-service training and support organisation that has been working for more than 30 years to address the inequalities in education in South Africa.
The PSP seeks to appoint a Mathematics and Science Facilitator, to be based in Cape Town.
Start date: January 2019
- Coordinate, conceptualise, plan, prepare and present courses and workshops with teachers, Head of Departments or Principals
- Provide practical support and guidance to teachers in their classrooms
- Facilitate demonstration-lessons, co-teach, or observe lessons and give feedback
- Elucidate learning activities
- Assist teachers by modelling
- Give ideas on lesson planning, classroom management, etc
- Develop teachers' knowledge of and facilitate the management and use of apparatus and materials in the school and classroom or any other teacher development task
- Possess relevant education qualification
- Knowledge in the field of Mathematics and Natural Sciences education in the intermediate and senior phases
- Further studies with Mathematics and Science as the main subject an advantage
- Classroom experience in the intermediate phase and / or senior phase with a deep commitment to developing and supporting teachers practically in the critical subjects
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments
- Passion for the teaching profession
- Knowledge of report writing
- Computer literate, and adept in (Word and Excel) experience with cloud based platforms an advantage
- Ability to teach in English, Afrikaans LoLT an advantage
- Fluent communication in isiXhosa an advantage
- Self-directed and have organisational skills
To apply, submit a letter of motivation, detailed CV, three contactable references, notice period and salary expectation, applications outlining qualifications and demonstrating how your experience and skills match the job requirements can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The PSP provides a collegial, supportive and pleasant work environment.
Should you not receive correspondence within three months, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please only apply if you have the capabilities and/or experience performing the tasks listed above.
Enquiries: Dr Zorina Dharsey at 021 691 9039
Candidates may be subjected to a series of selection instruments.
The PSP reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about Primary Science Programme, refer to www.psp.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies