National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD)
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Location: Ugu District/, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa
Reports To: NASTAD South Africa (SA) PNS Project Coordinator
Purpose and Description
Based full-time at selected health facilities in Ugu District in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN), this position will facilitate and support the NASTAD SA’s PNS and linkage case management (LCM) activities, as part of the Jhpiego Project IQ which is aimed at providing technical support to US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded VMMC programs. The programs strengthen evidence-based HIV Testing Services (HTS) using the two index case approaches. The PNS Facilitator will be responsible for implementing project activities aimed at introducing and strengthening assisted PNS and LCM in selected Jhpiego supported VMMC sites in Ugu District, KZN Province, working closely with the Department of Health (DOH), District Support Partners (DSPs) and other relevant stakeholders. This position reports to the NASTAD SA PNS Coordinator.
- Provide comprehensive PNS counselling for index clients;
- Routinely conduct counselling and testing of the index clients and their partners or link them to HTS providers as appropriate;
- Link clients to care as appropriate, and provide on-going follow up and counselling;
- Collect PNS data for project reporting and monitoring;
- Represent NASTAD at relevant meetings in the supported facilities as directed by the NASTAD PNS Project Coordinator;
- Work closely with DOH facility-based staff, key Jhpiego VMMC program staff and DSPs as appropriate;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- In-depth working knowledge of the DOH HTS program;
- Exceptional ability to take initiative and complete tasks on time;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with DOH Facility Teams, Ward Based Outreach Teams (WBOTs) and other partners, staff, and colleagues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and document observed activities and write clear and accurate activity reports;
- Ability to work cooperatively with Jhpiego team members, DOH personnel and other relevant community-based stakeholders;
- Experience of working in a DOH or donor-funded HTS project with very specific outputs/ deliverables and timelines would be an added advantage.
- Matric qualification;
- Minimum five (5) years work experience in HIV Counselling and Testing at facility and community level;
- Demonstrated experience of implementing WBOTs work including HTS, client follow up and referrals is desirable;
- Certificate in comprehensive management of HIV/AIDS, TB and STI programs;
- Understanding of HIV prevention, treatment, care and support processes at facility and community level;
- Ability to travel within Ugu District;
- Excellent verbal command (speaking and writing) of the local language (Zulu);
- Excellent verbal command (speaking and writing) of the English language.
Environment and Scheduling
- You must have interest in working with communities; working within a diverse work environment; and be willing to travel throughout designated community areas.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR.SouthAfrica@NASTAD.org . Subject line should read “PNS Facilitator, South Africa”. Only a cover letter and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants. Due to the extremely high volume of resumes, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about this position will be accepted.