This crucial position is to appoint an Operations DIrector reporting to the Executive Director, who will assist in building up the management level within this pro-active and dedicated organisation, working to creating awareness around prison offenders, their families and a safe and secure environment for South Africans. You will have a strong identity with the mission of the organisation, and be able to be able to work within legal and advocacy areas pertaining to the rights of offenders, as well as to build awareness which will create a more successful rate of offenders returning to take their place in society.
The Operations Director is responsible for planning, organising and controlling all activities on a National basis, and to provide leadership to all Area Managers across nine Provinces.
The core functions of this role are:
- To provide Strategic and Change Management direction within this organisation while at the same time driving high standards of
Service Delivery through various projects and services.
- To enable, empower and develop Area Managers and potential managers within the organisation
- Setting out of Annual and projected long term Business plans, in line with the overall direction of the organisation
- Project management and ensuring controls and systems in place for effective project success
- Financial management, budgeting and systems control for ensuring effective use of donor funds and assisting with raising of funds where possible through use of network and links to donors.
- Control of statistical and market related information in this sector, for effective use and benefit of the organisation and its objectives
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and qualifications:
- Preferably a degree in Operations Management, Community Development, Criminology, or related fields.
- DEFINITE SENIOR MANAGEMENT experience WITHIN the NON-PROFIT SECTOR – a minimum of eight years at management level
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation through the Executive Director and providing strong support in this area.
- Extensive background in Programme Management within this sector, including budgeting, planning and reporting
- Sound specialist knowledge of Human rights, Gender issues, Advocacy and Communications. Fundraising experience would be a highly recommended attribute as is the ability to contribute to the visibility of the organisation through communication within corporate connections.
- Experience will include strong ability to network within the correct sectors, and be able to represent the organisation in meetings with a variety of stakeholders to generate interest and expand funding potential.
- Sound leadership capacity in terms of HR and staff mentoring ability, as well as facilitation skills, and excellent written and verbal capacity and IT skills in terms of reporting. (EXCEL)
- Strong analytical and problem solving capacity and a practical, transformational leadership style is required.
Should you have the above attributes and qualifications, please send CV giving CURRENT SALARY LEVEL so we can assess you correctly
Send to email@example.com