The South African National Institute for Crime Prevention and the Reintegration of Offenders (NICRO), is a national non-governmental organisation that provides comprehensive crime prevention services. NICRO is the main provider of diversion services for children in South Africa, providing diversion services since 1992.
NICRO seeks to appoint a Director of Operations, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate long-term success.
- Organise and oversee the daily operations of our company
- Liaise with Line Manager to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise Area Managers of all Provinces and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organisational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee client support processes and organise them to enhance client satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Marketing and Public Relations of NICRO
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field
- Five to seven years proven work experience as operations manager
- Adequate knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation and externally
- Leadership and organisational skills to strategically manage a turnaround strategy
- Experience in this field will be an advantage
- Must be passionate about crime prevention with a good understanding of the South African situation
- Leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business
To apply, submit your applications to Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not been contacted by 14 August 2018 for an interview you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for the position.
For more about the National Institute for Crime Prevention and the Reintegration of Offenders, refer to www.nicro.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies