Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. CCI aims to improve the health and well-being of all people in South Africa through evidence-based strategic communication programmes. CCI seeks to employ a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist who will be based in Pretoria for an USAID "Local Governance to Improve Gender-Based Violence Response” Programme.
The programme aims to strengthen local governance to improve gender-based violence response, which is essential to achieving HIV epidemic control in South Africa. The objectives of the programme are to strengthen community governance and accountability, address the spectrum of violence against children, including sexual, physical, and emotional abuse and neglect, mitigate GBV harm and improve access to justice in order to impact on the incidence of violence against children, adolescents, and young women.
Purpose of Job: The M&E Specialist should design, manage, and provide regular information as part of the project’s AMEP, which will monitor progress against the project’s indicators. The M&E Specialist should be responsible for ensuring integrity and sound design for the collection of data feeding into the AMEP. The Specialist should also schedule and manage internal evaluations with the purpose of ensuring sustainability of best practices identified and gauging project impact. The Specialist should ensure staff at all levels of project implementation are trained and prepared to fulfill their roles in reporting.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for a proposed Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist;
Master's degree in one of the following: Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant degree.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline is highly desired;
- Five years (5) of M&E experience working on monitoring, evaluation and research, managing data intensive programs, and designing monitoring and evaluation methodologies and tools, with progressively increasing responsibility;
- Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development for system strengthening/capacity building and service delivery strengthening;
- Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements;
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings;
- Proficiency in SPSS, Excel, Word and other MS Office software required; and
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and implementation of rigorous quantitative and qualitative research studies, rapid appraisals, etc., and methods for data analysis preferred.
- References for the last three (3) years of work experience are required and will be verified.
- English fluency is required.
Interested candidates to forward their CV’s to the CCI Human Resources Manager, (firstname.lastname@example.org). The closing date of the advertisement is Monday 6 August 2018.
If you do not hear from us after 1 month kindly consider your application unsuccessful. The CCI reserves the right not to appoint for this vacant position.