Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a two Facilitators, to be based at Masiphumelele, Fish Hoek in Cape Town.
This is a one year fixed term contract
The purpose of the position is to facilitate the psychosocial and educational intervention, prepare session material, administer intervention surveys and take part in other related administrative duties.
- Ensure retention of programme participants
- Ensure allocation of participants to intervention groups by performing randomisation
- Ensure that consent and assent of all participants is obtained
- Facilitate the psychosocial and educational intervention sessions
- Prepare all materials for the sessions, reimbursement, refreshments and venue
- Complete post- session debriefing reports
- Assist in administering intervention surveys
- Assist in related administrative duties
- Keep participants energised and interested
- Ensure non-biased, consistent, complete and accurate data collection
- Respond to data queries related to the matters
- Engage in regular updates with onsite staff and all relevant partners
- Grade 12
- Accredited Certificate/s in facilitation
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in facilitating family or youth driven programmes
- Computer literacy including email, word processing, spreadsheets
- Interpersonal and listening skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and isiXhosa
- Inquisitive and non-judgmental attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Energetic and creative
- Administration skills
- Organisational, oral and writing skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work as a member of a team and manage multiple stakeholder relationships
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including weekends
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Interviewing experience
- Previous work experience in HIV with adolescents
- Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
To apply, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za Job reference: #DTHF/C041.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our jobs portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF are committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za