South African Institute of International Affairs
The South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) is an independent, non-government think-tank with the purpose to encourage wider and more informed awareness of the importance of international affairs. It is both a centre for research excellence and a home for stimulating public debate.
SAIIA seeks to appoint a Programme Officer for youth programmes, to be based in Johannesburg.
Ref no: POY0718
Duration: One-year contract
- Assist with the coordination of a national school climate change and sustainable development research programme for young people
- Assist with organising and overseeing year-round national Model United Nations programme for high school learners
- Assist in writing grant proposals and donor reports
- Work with the Youth Programmes Manager to host annual national leadership conference
- Work with the Youth Programmes Manager to organise youth participation in relevant policy processes, special events and academic forums
- Assist with the financial administration of Youth at SAIIA through the timely processing and acknowledgement of incoming and outgoing funds
- Ensure that the Youth at SAIIA website and social media accounts are managed
- Relevant undergraduate qualification required; a relevant postgraduate qualification is an advantage
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Programme Administration role
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-stakeholder relationships with groups such as the United Nations system, diplomatic community, civil society and national government is advantageous
- Experience with child and youth participation in current international policy issues is advantageous
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Driver’s Licence and own vehicle
To apply, submit a motivational letter quoting clearly the reference number of the position that they are applying for and a comprehensive CV, together with the contact details of three referees to Shannon Gard (Shannon.email@example.com)
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be called in for an interview.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
SAIIA will make an appointment in line with their employment equity policy.
SAIIA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about South African Institute of International Affairs, refer to www.saiia.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies