Solidarity Center South Africa
The Solidarity Center, an International NGO focused on labor and worker rights issues, is seeking candidates for Part-time Project Coordinator for the Sub -Saharan Africa Office. The Part-time Project Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Officer based in Washington DC. The Part-time Project Coordinator will be responsible for working closely with trade union partners on three countries to develop and implement national strategic plans including: coordinating activities in each country, creating detailed activity and program reports, creating program schedules monitoring progress and budget, remaining abreast of in-country developments relating to illicit financial flows and developing partnerships between trade unions and civil society organizations. The successful candidate must have experience in community organizing/ movement-building, and knowledge of policy advocacy and development.
The Part-time Project Coordinator will be preferably based in Johannesburg or Harare but must be able and willing to travel frequently within Sub- Saharan Africa.
- Ability to conduct extensive research to inform strategic planning
- Organizing experience with an ability to support campaign strategy
- Have background in movement –building, community organizing with an emphasis on coalition building, and policy advocacy
- 3 -5 years of program development and implementation experience
- Must have clear understanding of Civil Society Sector, including trade union and labor organizations in Sub- Saharan Africa
- Knowledge of policy development and advocacy in extractives and mining sectors
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Must be able to travel
- Africa regional experience is preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter, detailed CV, three references and one English writing samples. The writing sample should be recent written work of programmatic relevance and should not be more than 5 pages. The writing sample should reflect program skills and relevant knowledge and experience. Materials should be emailed to email@example.com. For more information or questions, please call Zeru at 011 403 3246.
Solidarity Center reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa or Harare, Zimbabwe
Application Close Date: 23 July, 2018
Expected Start Date: 13 August, 2018