The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelter seeks to appoint two Social Auxiliary Worker, to be based in Western Cape.
Salary: R 5 730.00 per month
The purpose of the position is to consult with residents and provide social services to them.
- The Social Auxiliary Worker will be responsible for the initial intake of clients including their safety and care
- Casework and Client Representation
- The Annual Social Work Service Delivery Plan and Reports
- Group and Community Work
- Pension and General Administration
- Shelter and Staff
- Public Relations
- Code 08 drivers licence
- Social Auxiliary Work Certificate
- Ability to interact with clients from different cultures and religions
- Manage conflict situations
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work as a team player
- No criminal record
- be in good health and experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage
To apply, submit a two pages CV and motivational letter to the HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Social Auxiliary Worker Haven- Kalk Bay or Claremont Shelter" in the subject line
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
If you don't receive a response from us within two weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies