Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa
Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa (HPCA) is a national organisation operating in all nine provinces in South Africa with 134 members and affiliated hospices countrywide.
HPCA seeks to appoint a Finance Director, to be based in Cape Town.
The Finance Director will be responsible for oversight of the Finance, Compliance, Operations, Procurement and IT support.
- Oversee performance of the financial management team to deliver high quality budgeting, risk management, internal controls, grant management and funder reporting
- Oversee office operations including procurement for the organisation nationally
- Manage the compliance function to ensure compliance with organisation’s and funders regulations
- Direct and monitor IT service companies responsible for maintaining stable IT platforms and delivering quality support to all staff
- Provide strategic financial advice to the management team and Board of Directors
- Project manage large funded programme close-out including sub-contract and sub-grant procedures based on donor regulations, policies, and procedures
- Chartered Accountant or Master’s Degree in business administration or a closely related field
- Eight years’ experience in audit, operations and financial management of which five years must be in a Management position with progressively increasing responsibility
- Experience managing the administrative aspects of large, complex development activities in developing countries advantageous
- High level of IT proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases
- Experience overseeing procurement function advantageous
- Demonstrated working knowledge of US government financial and procurement regulations advantageous
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, skills and expertise
- Coaching others
- Change leadership
- Strategic thinking
- Building and Leading a high-performance team
- Analytical thinking
- Organisation and planning skills
- Customer-centric focus
To apply, submit a detailed CV, covering letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as the organisation’s employment equity plan.
For more about The Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa, refer to www.hpca.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies