mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based global health not-for-profit organisation committed to eliminating the transmission of HIV from mothers to babies, and creating healthy futures for mothers, their families, and communities. m2m’s peer-based Mentor Mother model has proven effective in improving the health of women and their children, reducing mother-to-child HIV transmission rates, and generating significant savings on HIV treatment costs, while empowering HIV-positive women through training and employment. Since its founding almost 15 years ago, Mentor Mothers have reached more than 1.3 million HIV-positive mothers in nine countries in sub-Saharan Africa. The m2m model has been identified as a key strategy in the United Nations Global Plan to eliminate pediatric AIDS and promote healthy motherhood. Join us by visiting www.m2m.org or follow us @m2mtweets
The mHealth Senior Training Co-ordinator is a member of the Department of Programmes and Technical support (DPTS) team. This role reports to the Senior Technical Advisor RMNCH- and is tasked to support roll-out, implementation and quality assurance for the use of m2m’s mHealth client management tools. The individual will be based at m2m Head Office in Cape Town, with regular travel to implementing countries.
Key Performance Areas:
- Supports the roll-out of m2m mHealth client management tools referring to training and intensive capacity building at project or programme start-up
- Country Quality Assurance/Quality improvement (QA/QI) support
- Training material development and review
- Reporting and Communications
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in public health, nursing, social sciences, information technology computer science or related field is required.
- Three-Five years’ experience in training, support and mentorship in use of mHealth client/patient management tools preferably in the public health/NGO sector
- Experience with HIV and AIDS and/or RMNCH/PMTCT/ECD training and programme implementation support
- Assist in managing mHealth projects including multi-country learning workshops as needed
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa and with multi-cultural teams
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and decision makers
- The ability to demystify complex tasks or processes, and effectively translate them for lower literacy audiences.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent writing skills including analytical reports and proposals
- Need to be adaptable and flexible
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 24 July 2018.