SisterLove International South Africa
SisterLove International South Africa is looking for a consultant to conduct a summative evaluation of its iSTARSHIPP Programme.
Contact name: Mr. Xander Flemming
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: July - September, 2018.
Summary of ISTARRSHIP Programme
SisterLove International South Africa, with funding from the United States Department of State (DoS) President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc., implemented a DREAMS Innovation Challenge project known as iSTARSHIPP – Innovative Strategies for Those at Risk Seeking High Impact Prevention & PrEP. iSTARSHIPP is an innovative suite of strategies that are intended to accelerate the reduction of new HIV infections among Adolescent Girls & Young Women (AGYW), aged 15-24 years, and their male counterparts.
Purpose of the Evaluation
The primary objectives of the evaluation include assessing progress against the program objectives, and knowledge acquisition of HIV/STIs, transmission, and prevention, PrEP and other High Impact HIV Prevention Interventions as a result of beneficiaries’ participation in iSTARSHIPP interventions. The secondary purpose is to assess the capacity gained by community-based organisations (CBOs) that were trained and mentored by SisterLove and to evaluate if they are able to replicate the program. For this qualitative evaluation, selected AGYW will participate in Key Informant Interviews and selected CBO representatives will participate in Focus Group Discussions, where the focus will be predominantly on establishing their experiences with the iSTARSHIPP interventions.
Duration of the Evaluation
The data collection and analysis components for this qualitative evaluation are expected to take three weeks to complete, predominantly in July to mid-August, 2018. The final written report will be expected by the end of September, 2018.
- Four Focus Group Discussions in total, i.e., one with CBOs in each district (Districts: uMgungundlovu, eThekwini, City of Johannesburg and Ekurhuleni);
- Eight Key Informant Interviews in total; two in each district (Districts: uMgungundlovu, eThekwini, City of Johannesburg and Ekurhuleni);
- Transcription of 4 Focus Group Discussions for 2 days;
- Transcription of 8 Key Informant Interviews for 3 days;
- Qualitative data analysis for 5 days;
- Write up of analysed qualitative data for 1 day;
- Report writing for 5 days
Required skills and competencies
- Experience in HIV programming in peri-urban and rural communities;
- Experience with Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation methodologies;
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to HIV, gender equality and community development. Experience in working in Gauteng and Kwa-Zulu Natal would be an advantage;
- An understanding of public health issues pertaining to AGYW within the South African context;
- High degree of resilience and flexibility;
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated; and
- Required Languages: Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English, isiZulu, and Sesotho.
Submission Format and Deadline
Interested consultants who have the skills and competencies as described above should submit the following:
- A brief letter of motivation explaining why they consider themselves to be the most suitable for this assignment;
- A detailed CV of the Lead Consultant, brief CVs of the research team;
- Technical Proposal for the Evaluation;
- Proof of Programme/Project evaluation capacity; and
- A costed work plan with clear deliverables and dates would be required once shortlisted.
All applications should be submitted by email to Mr. Xander Flemming at email@example.com before or on 25 July 2018.
The terms of reference for this evaluation is available on request.
SisterLove International South Africa is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
For more about SisterLove International South Africa, refer to www.sisterlove.org
To view other opportunities, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other