VVOB South Africa
The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a non-profit organisation contributing to the improvement of quality of education in 9 countries around the world.
The Belgian/Flemish gov. funded programme (2017 – 2021), and a complementary EU funded project (2016 – 2019) are addressing school leadership and teaching for diversity to improve the quality of teaching and learning for all children. Partners are DBE, SACE, FSDOE, KZNDOE, IESA, NWU, UFS and WITS.
VVOB is looking for an Senior Finance Officer who will report directly to the Programme Manager (PM). (S)he especially oversees the work of the financial administrative section (oversees all matters related to financial and administrative management) in Pretoria, Bloemfontein and Durban.
- Ensure proper (timely, correct) accounting according to VVOB/ donor rules/ regulations;
- Ensure compliance of financial/administrative guidelines/procedures and correct implementation incl. timely collection of good quality accounting documentation;
- Manage/coordinate finances, HR administration, procurement, administration and logistics (incl. develop and update policies and tools, instruments and formats for financial operations and cooperation between different VVOB offices and partners)
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, fund requests, financial reports in collaboration with colleagues
- Provide pro-actively information and support to the programme team and relevant partners to improve the accounting system
- Perform other related duties as required
- South African national, based in/close to or willing to relocate to Pretoria (at own cost);
- National Diploma or Bachelor Degree in accounting or business management
- Ability to analyse budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines
- At least three years of relevant work experience in accounting, more specific in double bookkeeping
- Knowledge of payroll functions and procedures is an advantage
- Experience in development sector or non-profit sector is an advantage
- ICT proficient including MS Office (word, excel), and fluent written and oral command of English.
- Continuous learning & improving
- Result oriented
Function specific competencies:
- Communication skills: listening, speaking & writing
- Planning & organizing
- Problem analysis & judgement
VVOB expects the person to start asap and offers a good remuneration and a contract for a period not exceeding the programme period (12/2021).
Supervised by the Programme Manager based in Pretoria.
Annual salary from ZAR 448,772 to 546,000 CTC depending on relevant work experience, 24 days annual leave, professional development opportunities, study support, support for tuition fee and support for medical insurance.
How to apply
Send your application by email to Wilfried Theunis (Wilfried.email@example.com). Deadline for applications is July 18, 2018.
IMPORTANT: include your
- CV (incl. designation (and relationship to), telephone number and email address of 3 references),
- An application/motivation letter, form(at) provided (on website: southafrica.vvob.be)
- Application Form, click here
Please note, applications with no motivation letter attached cannot be considered.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VVOB is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment.