Sonke Gender Justice
Position based in Cape Town
Remuneration: R110 735 total cost to company per annum
With offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Agincourt, Sonke works globally, and especially across Africa, to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS. In this way the organisation contributes to the development of societies in which men, women, youth and children can enjoy equitable, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of just and democratic societies (see www.http://www.genderjustice.org.za/).
About the position
Sonke is looking for a Receptionist for its Cape Town office.
Sonke’s work environment is development orientated and fast paced; therefore the candidate must have excellent organisational skills, time management skills as well as a professional attitude. Supporting a team of professionals, the receptionist will be required to demonstrate initiative and work as an enthusiastic team member in accordance with the organisation’s office routines and procedures.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Reception duties: Able to handle a PABX switchboard, receives guests and maintains the reception area;
- Meetings: Ability to multi-task, manages correspondence and booking of meeting rooms;
- Procurement: Arrange for and purchase office supplies, stationery and equipment;
- Administration: Provide general administrative functions as required;
- Security: Liaise with security regarding security issues; and
- General: Related administrative duties.
Qualification: Matric is essential; a Diploma in Office administration or similar will be advantageous.
Experience: Minimum 3 years experience in a medium sized South African NGO
Competencies: Confident, assertive communicator who can work comfortably with diverse groups of people and across all levels; excellent writing skills in English and preferably another SA language; pays attention to detail, prioritizes work and manages deadlines comfortably; problem solving; works well in a team, good planning and organizational skills; dependable; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments and is reflective and open to learning.
- Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter & contact details of three referees detailing experience to Sonke’s HR Unit via email to email@example.com closing date 20 July 2018.
- For non-Nationals, attaining of the work permit from the Department of Home Affairs is the responsibility of the applicant and employment will depend on a valid work permit being in place.
- If you do not hear from us by 31 August 2018, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted. The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment.