The Community Organisation Resource Centre (CORC) is a nonprofit organisation working in informal settlements supporting communities to improve their built environment. Through social facilitation and technical support, CORC assists linking up informal settlements and civil society to the local government.
CORC seeks to appoint Savings Support Coordinators to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the position is to provide technical support to the Federation and Informal Settlement Network for communities in upgrading, housing and livelihood projects.
- Coordinate projects with technical support from the Corc Cape Town Office
- Render support through attendance of meetings with various stakeholders such as government, local leadership structures and other community based organisation structures
- Render support to FEDUP savings
- Support communities around informal settlement upgrading initiatives
- Coordinate community data collection activities (Profiling and enumeration)
- Conduct data collection training workshops to Fedup and ISN members
- Assist the Project Officer with data analysis and compilation of project reports
- Valid driver’s license essential
- Networking with other organisations and government departments
- Worked within informal settlements
- Proficient in Windows, Word, Excel and Data Capturing
- Proficient in at least one statistics software; STATA, SPSS
- Knowledge of GIS
- Degree/diploma in social sciences
- Proficient in Xhosa, Tswana, English and Zulu
- Report writing skills and be fully computer literate
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Organising and coordination qualities with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiating skills, Ability to work independently, self-motivated and resourceful
- Ability to multi-task, Able to operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures
- Build and maintain and retain relationships
- Must be willing to work flexible hours within the communities
To apply, submit your CV and a one page motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quote ref number and Job being applied for in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Community Organisation Resource Centre, refer to www.sasdialliance.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies