Action Volunteers Africa
In 2012 Action Volunteers Africa (AVA) was set up as the CSI initiative of Action Appointments, a well-established NGO recruitment agency. AVA’s creates a structured working opportunities for the volunteers, enabling them to develop skills and gain practical experience. Volunteers gain social inclusion while increasing the capacity of the AVA host organisations at the same time.
Action Volunteers Africa (AVA) is seeking to appoint a Schools Programme Manager, to be based in Cape Town.
Report to: Director of Programmes
The Schools Manager will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality programmes in the AVA Schools, positively affecting the participating learners’ academic results.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation and ongoing management of the YeBo programme and other programmes in the AVA schools
- Maintain working relationships with all stakeholders, incl. government, school staff, educational partners and AVA team
- Manage the AVA staff working in schools including the Programme Coordinators and the AVA Site Coordinators through weekly meetings and ongoing performance monitoring
- Oversee the design, structure and delivery of the school curriculum offering in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Overall responsibility for learner recruitment and retention in the after-school-programme
- Ensure that the volunteer tutors are appropriately trained and supported to deliver high quality programmes
- Oversee all relevant data collection from the schools and academic programmes to ensure that usage, attendance, baseline tests and other data is correctly captured and retrieved for reporting and monitoring purposes
- Liaise with all educational partners around training and resources provision, site visits etc.
- Overall responsibility for writing and timeous submission to the government and other relevant stakeholders of monthly, quarterly and annual school reports
- Overall responsibility for scheduling and attending weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings with school principals and other stakeholders as required
- Represent AVA at various workshops and community-based meetings
- Attend all AVA staff meetings and staff development sessions, as well as pursuing ways to grow in the organisation
- Assist with the development of marketing material when required
- A relevant degree, preferably in education, with at least three to five years of middle management experience
- Leadership and communication skills with good computer literacy
- Own car and driver’s licence essential with willingness to visit schools in townships
- Flexible, resilient, reliable, multi-tasker with high degree of personal responsibility
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve problems quickly
- Must be an implementer and a responsive, decisive, action-orientated individual who can deliver according to deadlines
- Ability to facilitate training sessions
- Report writing and data analysis abilities
- Passionate about improving education in low quintile South African schools
- Fluency in Xhosa and Afrikaans will be an advantage
To apply, submit their CV with a one page motivation to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Form more about Action Volunteers Africa, refer to www.avafrica.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies