African Scholars Fund (ASF)
African Scholars Fund (ASF), through awards and guidance, assists promising young schoolchildren from the most needy homes to complete their secondary or TVET college education.
ASF seeks to appoint a Communications Manager, to be based in Wynberg, Western Cape.
Start date: November 2018
The Communications Manager would be responsible for identifying and initially, with the assistance of the Director, establishing thereafter managing and reporting on such partnerships. The incumbent must have reasonable insight into the SA school system and the challenges it not only faces, but presents, yet be enough of a visionary to facilitate investment in a private public partnership.
- University Graduate marketing, public relations, communications, business administration,
- Computer Literacy Microsoft Office Package (Email, Internet and In-house database)
- Skilled in managing projects, budgets and other resources
- Creativity and success in resource mobilisation, marketing and communications
- Sound strategic acumen, with an understanding of donor requirements for relationship building and reporting
- Strong research, information management and networking and communication skills in English (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate effectively across diverse groups, at different levels, and in different cultural settings
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage time management
- Attentiveness to detail and ability to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of fundraising approaches and strategies
- Ability to work independently, unsupervised and perform under pressure
- Must have insight into the SA school system and the challenges it not only faces, but presents, yet be enough of a visionary to facilitate investment in a private public partnership
- Be a deeply committed individual
To apply, Submit your CV, three independent contactable references, and a cover letter detailing your motivation which highlights why you would be the most suitable candidate for this position to the Director email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
ASF reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary and reserves the right to make no appointment.
For more about the ASF, refer to www.asf.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies