People Opposing Women Abuse
People Opposing Women Abuse (POWA) and Agisanang Domestic Abuse Prevention and Training (ADAPT) are women’s rights organisations offering direct services to survivors of violence against women. The two organisations provide services within the Gauteng province and beyond. The two organisations have collaborated under the Teenz Alliance in ending sexual violence in schools’ project to implement schools’ activities in different townships of Gauteng.
POWA seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation officer based in Johannesburg.
Salary: Negotiable based on available budget
Start date: August 2018
This is a six months’ contract renewable based on performance.
The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be to build capacity of POWA and ADAPT in monitoring and evaluation through the development and management of the Teenz Alliance Project strategy and systems.
- Assess the Teenz Alliance Monitoring and Evaluation requirements
- Develop and implement the qualitative Monitoring and Evaluation project framework
- Design additional data management, collection and reporting systems to monitor progress
- Develop a project database to capture all data required for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Facilitate training to capacitate POWA and ADAPT staff to implement the monitoring and evaluation strategy to analyse project activities
- Manage monitoring and evaluation functions to ensure that project activities, systems and reports are being implemented effectively and are correctly aligned to meet grant agreement indicators
- Feed the framework with information of the project from 2014 to date in order to compile data that will assist during the final evaluation study
- Assist with data collection and analysis and prepare quarterly reports for activities implemented
- Present analytical progress and evaluation reports throughout the project cycle in order to assist during compilation of the annual funders report and the final evaluation for the project
- Degree in monitoring and evaluation/Research, Development studies, Project management
- Minimum three years’ experience in the development, analysis and implementation of monitoring and evaluation system within the NGO sector
- Demonstrate experience in building staff capacity on monitoring and evaluation skills and mentoring
- Experience in knowledge management, ability to analyse, document and disseminate information
To apply, submit a one page cover letter and detailed CV to email@example.com with the relevant position as subject.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Shortlisted candidates will receive a response.
Applicants who do not hear from us a two weeks after the deadline, should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more about People Opposing Women Abuse, refer to www.powa.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies