The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB) is a leader in seabird rehabilitation, research and oiled wildlife response and achieves this internationally recognised work through applying high veterinary standards and compassionate care.
SANCCOB seeks to employ a Procurement and Inventory Officer, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the Procurement and Inventory Officer is to ensure that stock and supplies are sourced, purchased, received and managed in a controlled and responsible manner to ensure maximum savings and financial efficiency for the organisation.
- Maintain procurement protocols and be responsible for the consistent updating of procurement practises
- Understand the “buying needs” and “buying purpose” at SANCCOB and ensure that cost-effective and efficient measures are implemented
- Understand and work within an approved budget
- Update and maintain a preferred vendor master file/list
- Ensure that maximum discounts and savings are negotiated on all purchases
- Stock control:
- Maintain stock control protocols with all users at SANCCOB
- Submit monthly variance reports pertaining to stock
- Ensure that all shop stock, for all facilities, is duly received and accounted for on the Vend point of sale system
- Monitor the usage of supplies and stock and be responsible for identifying areas where the optimised use of supplies and stock can result in savings for SANCCOB
- Be responsible for the pro-active implementation of measures to prevent and limit wastage
- Financial responsibilities:
- Ensure that all invoices comply with SANCCOB’s financial SOP’s and are received on time
- Ensure all invoices have the supporting documents required before approval
- Allocate expenses to the correct accounts
- Deal with financial queries related to all purchases and vendor details at SANCCOB
- Provide timely information for the annual B-BBEE verification process
- Maintain and assist with updating the fixed asset register
- Oversee the Receipt Bank and Approval Max systems
- Logistic support:
- Manage SANCCOB’s imports
- Provide procurement and inventory support for on-site and off-site wildlife response operations
- Ensure company vehicles are maintained and the usage is controlled according to a pre-determined budget
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure that all volunteers and interns meet SANCCOB’s driving requirements
- A minimum of three years’ experience in procurement, logistics and stock management
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitor and assess performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and experience working in a nonprofit organisation will be an advantage
- A valid driver’s licence
To apply, submit a CV with at least two contactable references and a letter of motivation to the Business Manager at email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 15 days of the closing date must please assume that their applications were not successful.
SANCCOB reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about the Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds, refer to www.sanccob.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies