Age-in-Action is a registered nonprofit organisation representing more than 2.7 million older people. The organisation also has over 800 NGOs as members who provide vital services to more than 150 000 older persons in need of care.
Age-in-Action seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in Limpopo.
- Casework and support to older persons in need of care and protection
- To capacitate older persons through talks, workshops
- To establish new clubs in areas where there are none
- To share information regarding Age-in-Action’s programs and projects with communities and other stakeholders to mobilise more participation especially for our special projects / days
- To develop older persons programmes
- Support to social auxiliary workers
- Supervision of Social Auxiliary workers and students
- To initiate new activities at existing clubs / service centers
- Promote the core business of the organisation
- Engage in fundraising initiatives
- Social work Degree
- Registered with SACSSP
- Proof of Registration 2018/2019
- Experience in working with Older Persons
- Knowledge of older person’s legislation and policies
- Background in Group work, Community Development, Casework and research.
- Minimum of two years’ experience
- Admin, computer, communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
To apply, submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Should you not hear from the organisation within two weeks after the closing date, assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
The organisation reserves the right to either appoint or not to appoint a candidate.
For more about Age-in-Action, refer to www.age-in-action.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies