Lushomo helps organisations share their research, information and results in innovative and effective ways. Our team draws on a depth of technical and research experience in health, environment and development, as well as expertise in information design, layout and illustration. We are Cape Town based, but our work is undertaken by a diverse team working in several countries. Most of our clients are from United Nations organisations and working in the environment, health and development fields. For more info check our website: www.lushomo.net
We are looking for a highly organised and detail-orientated person to help us with management, research and editorial oversight. This will include working in a team to create high-quality communication materials in a range of formats. As well as playing a key role in the actual development of products, you will be managing an exciting and eclectic team of designers, web developers and researchers, and ensuring that products are high quality, delivered on time and to budget. This job involves a high level of creative collaboration, with frequent meetings to brainstorm, give input and receive feedback.
Budgets and timeframes can be tight so you will have to be resilient, resourceful, and able to deal with pressure. You will have at least a Masters Degree in communications, social sciences, international development or a related field.
This is a full-time post, working from our office in Sea-Point, with around 5 of us full time and several regular freelancers.
To apply, submit a detailed CV, covering letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to email@example.com
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Calm under pressure and resourceful
- Experience in managing projects to budget and within tight time-frames
- Postgrad degree in a communications, social sciences, international development or a related field.
- An interest in design, especially graphic and digital design.
- Organisational and managerial skill. You will be working with other team members from diverse sectors and timelines are often tight.
- Very precise in checking documents and graphs.
- A passion for squeezing the story out of research, evidence and data.
- Flexible and a good team player - we do great work by allowing ideas to emerge through non-linear processes. Sometimes this can look like chaos...