AIDS Foundation of South Africa
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a well-respected non-governmental organisation that acts as an interface between donors and community-based organisations (CBOs) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs and providing them with ongoing management, technical support and capacity building.
AFSA seeks to appoint a Site Administrator, to be based in Western cape.
Reference: NO. 2018/06/WC/SA/012018/06/WC/SM/01
This is a fixed term contract (1 July to 31 March 2021)
AFSA has been selected as the implementing organisation for the Community Work Programme (CWP) in the districts listed below. CWP is a Department of Cooperative Governance programme designed to provide an employment safety net, by providing participants with a predictable number of days of work per month.
The programme is targeted at unemployed and/or underemployed people of working age, including those whose livelihood activities are insufficient to lift them out of poverty. (Bitou, Knysna, Mosselbay, George, Hessequa, Kannaland, Oudtshoorn,Beaufort West, Prince Albert, Laignsburg ,Theewaterskloof, Swellendam, Cape Agulhas and Overstrand)
- Capture monthly progress report
- Pick up supplies on a periodic time
- Maintain filling systems, hard copy and electronic (updating and forwarding files etc.)
- Operate computer-based equipment
- Responsible for the management of petty cash
- Process incoming and out coming mails
- Type routine correspondence provide data entry services
- Document and distribute weekly status meeting minutes to team
- Schedule and coordinate meetings including taking detailed minutes, appointments and travel arrangement for Site Manager, Supervisors and Storekeepers.
- Assist in solving any administrative problems
- Liaise with senior administration (Provincial) to handle MIS and Portal issues.
- Ensure alignment between CWP and EPWP systems
- Ensure logistics and /or office support (postal/courier services, travel/ vehicle log sheets/ office computer/ printer and site office maintenance
- Ensure the Municipal Council Resolution is obtained and that the site establishment (office and other is secured)
- Facilitate (in conjunction with local municipality) the community consultations (over site business plan development)
- Cost-effective site management planning (development of participants operational schedules; identification of site resource needs)
- Manage site office team (administrator and store keeper)
- Ensure proper induction of participants, setting up of a site office and securing storage space
- Manage operational/ implementation team (Coordinators and participants)
- Ensure overall safety, health and environmental (SHE) management is prioritised on the site
- Ensure overall management and security of equipment and assets
- Facilitate the establishment of a Local Reference Committee (LRC), comprising of local community stakeholders for the public oversight role
- Ensure sufficient and secure storage of all records and assets
- Ensure all site procurement, deliveries are according to guidelines
- Coordinate / provide technical support to the projects
- Recruit and register participants, ensuring the target is achieved at all times as guided by the Provincial Manager
- Ensure that participants understand the CWP systems and procedures as well CWP Norms and Standards
- Manage time and attendance (consolidation of attendance registers)
- Ensure sufficient branding of the site in line with provided guidelines
- Represent Aids Foundation on stakeholder platform meetings (including conducting presentations), to this regard perform at least 8 documented project meetings per month with stakeholders
- Develop good quality reports (monthly, quarterly and also annual reports) in line with provided templates, including a set Monitoring and Evaluation framework
- Resolve conflict timeously between coordinators, Administrators and/or participants
- Actively prepare and participate in any site Audit processes
- Ensure exit interviews are conducted when the participants exit the programme
- Resides within the Local Municipal area applied for
- Minimum Qualification – NQF level 4 or 5
- Valid Driver’s Licence and own reliable transport is essential, candidate with no drivers licence will not be considered Minimum of three years’ experience in community development, previous experience working on CWP is advantageous
- Computer literacy
- Minimum of two years’ experience in administration
- Understand protocol for working with government departments and support the initiative of uplifting societies and communities
- Be comfortable traveling extensively and frequently
To apply, submit a CV and cover letter with the advert reference and Municipal area in the subject line, along with certified copies of their ID, driver’s license and highest qualification to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org and also copy email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
AFSA reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
AFSA is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background.
AFSA value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community in particular people living with disabilities.
AFSA regret that agency candidates will not be considered.
The successful candidate will be expected sign a performance based contract and also a service level agreement.
No telephone enquiries will be entertained.
For more about AIDS Foundation of South Africa, refer to www.aids.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies