Community Media Trust
Community Media Trust (CMT) is a South African NGO focusing on communication in the fields of basic human rights. CMT aims to empower individuals and communities, encouraging them to take part in managing and improving their own lives, promoting healthy and health seeking behaviour and basic human rights. CMT does this through media and outreach programmes that provide scientific information in a format that is easy to understand.
CMT seeks to appoint a Communications Analyst for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: R40 000 per month and benefit of Discovery Life Cover
- Develop and oversee monitoring systems to track the success of communications programme implementation
- Design research and evaluation efforts to assess the impact of VMMC communications campaigns
- Develop, monitor and update an activity tracker and ensure the implementation thereof
- Conduct and oversee daily analysis and tracking of communication activities and ensure data collection systems are in place and functional
- Ensure accurate recording and management of collected data
- Prepare and present communications analysis and narrative reports
- Manage a team of VMMC communications coordinators
- Engage with other NGO’s, partners and stakeholders
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring methodologies
- Proven ability to design monitoring tools to capture reach and impact of communication programmes
- Knowledge of social behaviour change communication
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programmes and data base management
- Social Media knowledge
- Valid South African identity document
- Valid South African Drivers Licence
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Willing to travel
- Communications degree
- Proficiency in Excel
- VMMC knowledge and HIV and AIDS knowledge
- Monitoring and Evaluation experience
To apply, submit all relevant documents and a completed Employment Application Form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies to Emma firstname.lastname@example.org and quote "VMMC/CMEM-CPT062018" in the subject line
- The completed CMT Employment Application Form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies
- One page motivational covering letter
- Your full CV with three recent referees with landline contact numbers
Contact person: Carmelita Petersen email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Employment Equity position.
Only online applications with the completed Employment Application Form and using the reference "VMMC/CMEM-CPT062018" in the subject line of the email will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates must be prepared to undergo competency testing and Credit/ITC checks.
It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by CMT.
Application deadline will be rolling, with the goal to fill the position ASAP.
Due to the high volume of applications received on a daily basis, please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received a response by Friday, 22 June 2018.
CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
For more about Community Media Trust, refer to www.cmt.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies