Starfish Greathearts Foundation
The Starfish Greathearts Foundation (SGF(SA)) supports girls and boys, especially those orphaned or vulnerable, by working in partnership with community based organisations (CBOs) – strengthening them, funding them and working towards their increased ability to deliver research-informed, evidence-based OVC&A interventions.
Our Nurturing Care Programme focuses on assisting CBOs to deliver effective and sustainable Health & Nutrition-; Responsive Caregiving-; Safety and Security-; and Stimulation and Learning programmes – working at the CBO, in the community, in the life-space of the child, and with families directly.
We are therefore looking for a uniquely skilled individual who is passionate about making a measurable difference in lives of girls and boys in South Africa – an influencer, a team-builder and a team-player.
- Facilitate friendly, yet robust, organisational and programmatic capacity assessments with potential SGF(SA) partner community-based organisation (CBOs)
- Provide guidance, mentoring, training and support for Community-based Organisations (CBOs) at varying stages of development, strengthening their governance, management, programmatic and M&E capacities.
- Link CBOs to potential service-delivery partners, including other NGOs, Government Departments, and development agencies.
- Assist CBOs in becoming more sustainable.
- Represent Starfish Greathearts at stakeholder-meetings at National, Provincial and District levels.
- Monitor and report on the activities, governance, management and accountability of SGF(SA)’s partner-CBOs
- Manage SGF(SA)’s grant allocations to partner CBOs
- Degree or demonstrated experience in health, management, community development, education, social work, early childhood development, psychology or related field
- Skills and knowledge in the following: primary health care; organisational development monitoring & evaluation, program implementation, HIV/ AIDS, TB
- Experience with mobile health clinics, ECD, YDP and Child Safeguarding
- At least five years’ experience in the management, implementation and reporting of donor grants
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Financial literacy and management- budgeting and reporting
- High level of computer literacy and tech competencies
- Good facilitation skill – Accredited Facilitator preferable
- Drivers licence and own car
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Fluent in English and isiZulu/Tsonga/isiXhosa
Fixed Term Contract
Salary – R240 000 – R300 000 CTC per annum
Position available from 1 July 2018
Based in JHB - Sandton
To apply, submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 June 2018
Only application from South African citizens will be considered.
Only successful candidates will be notified.