The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelter seeks to appoint a Social Worker, to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: R 13 600 per month or prorate for a part time position
Duration: Permanent or five to eight hours post
Report to: Shelter Manager
The purpose of the position is all social work services and the development of and monitoring of PDP’s and exit plans for all clients
- Qualified Social Worker registered with SACSSP in South Africa
- Code B drivers licence essential non-negotiable
- Match The Shelter Manager’s work programme
- Experience in managing client information, is a pre-requisite
- Efficient handling of PDP with Exit Plans
- Experience in scheduling reviews, including the reviews of the exit date
- Experience in commencing group work within three weeks of taking over, starting with at least 6 hours of group work per week
- No criminal record
- Ability to work well with people as a team
- Computer literacy, Microsoft (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, a second language would be beneficial
- Experience in the NGO sector will be advantages
To apply, submit a two pages CV and motivational letter to the HR Manager email@example.com quoting "Social Worker Haven-Swartland Shelter" in the subject line
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
If you don't receive a response from us within two weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies