Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Social Media Administrator, to be based in Cape Town.
This is a four months fixed term contract
The post will form part of the Adolescent and Youth Health Policy Short Course registered at the University of Cape Town (UCT) run by the DTHF with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). The aim of the short course is to improve the health and wellbeing of adolescents in South Africa, through increasing capacity to implement interventions included in national policies. The role would be to develop and implement the Social Media Marketing Plan. Online technology will be used in the implementation of the course in a number of ways e.g. online course materials, social media channels and webinars after the course.
- Manage course materials (timetable, lesson objectives, presentations, reading material etc) dissemination via a shared electronic folder using the UCT online teaching portal Vula
- Develop a social media channel for past and current course attenders e.g. Twitter account for the course which would include advertising of the course, keys dates/deadlines, administrative elements (e.g. countdown, reminders), as well as relevant articles and literature
- Support the team and participants before, during and after the course to use social media for sharing information and promoting the course objectives e.g. managing a closed Facebook group created for participants of the course (an AYHP short course alumni), which could include those from other countries
- Arrange webinars to be hosted after the course showcasing the work done by participants as part of their portfolio of evidence
- Conduct other social media administration and monitoring
- Support the implementation as required of the short course
- Attend meetings as required for short course
- Complete and submit evaluation reports required by short course leads
- Submit regular update of activities and progress
- A Marketing, Media and Communications Tertiary qualification or a related field
- Minimum of two years administrative working experience
- Proficiency on social media platforms with an in-depth working knowledge of
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube
- Computer literacy (word processing and spreadsheets), including basic Information Technology (IT) skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to coordinate, multi-task and work under pressure and fulfil deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proficiency in English (isiXhosa will be advantageous)
- Be proactive and must show initiative
- Must be meticulous and able to show attention to detail
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
- Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
To apply, submit CV, motivational letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za reference: #DTHF/C033.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our jobs portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za