Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Research Nurse, to be based at Masiphumelele Youth Centre, Sunnydale, Cape Town.
- Provide a client focused youth friendly sexual and reproductive health service
- Maintain strict client confidentiality
- Provide pre and post-test counselling, as well as risk reduction counselling, for clients
- HIV testing
- Obtain blood and tissue samples and processing them as required
- Conduct study procedures including contraception, participant diaries etc
- Perform other client care procedures as required
- Enter data on case report forms and processing
- Perform Quality Control (QC) checks on CRFs and source documents
- Keep accurate statistics of client visits
- Order stock
- Nursing Certificate, Diploma or Degree and registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a registered nurse
- Minimum of one year nursing experience, within a research environment would be advantageous
- Computer literacy with sound knowledge of email, word processing and internet
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) and isiXhosa
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Ability to work harmoniously with youth of diverse backgrounds
- Client focused
- Ability to work in a team and to be able to foster a collaborative relationship with local clinics and hospitals
- Must be detail orientated
- Preference given to applicants living locally
- Knowledge and understanding of HIV and research
- Training in contraception including implant insertion
- Working knowledge of an adolescent friendly clinical environment
To apply, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification, details of three current contactable referees and proof of address to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za reference: #DTHF/C035
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our jobs portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za